McCarthy Hall is part of a three building complex which is referred to as the Southwest Quad. It shares a first floor with Kennedy and Reynolds Halls. The Southwest Quad also encompasses Leo O’Donovan Dining Hall, Wolfington Hall Jesuit Residence, a multi-level underground garage, and Hoya Snaxa – a student-run convenience store. Every floor has a full kitchen inside of a large community room where many residents gather to share meals, catch their favorite TV show, or study as a group. McCarthy Hall is home to the Transfer Living Learning Community and the Justice & Diversity in Action Living Learning Community.
- Seven co-ed floors
- Single, double, and triple rooms
- Each floor has:
- Two study rooms
- Four bathrooms
- A common lounge with furniture, TV, and a fully operating kitchen
- Residential Minister
Southwest Quad Features
- Laundry facilities (located in McCarthy Hall)
- Mail facilities (located in Kennedy Hall)
- Vending machines (located in Reynolds Hall)
- Print stations (located in McCarthy and Reynolds Halls)
- Volleyball Court (located in the Southwest Quad Courtyard)
- Charcoal grill (located in the Southwest Quad Courtyard)
- Hoya Snaxa (located in Kennedy Hall)
- Average room square footage: 176.05 sq ft.
- Each room contains the amount of furniture appropriate for the number of residents (2 or 3):
- moveable/bunkable beds
- movable desks with hutches and lights underneath
- desk chairs
- built-in wall cabinetry with closets, drawer space and hutches
- McCarthy residents interested in a microfridge can rent one from MyFridgeRental.com. This is the only option for students interested in microfridges in their on campus housing space.
Letter Mail & Packages
Student’s Full Name
McCarthy Hall | Room Number
3700 O St. NW
Washington, DC 20057
Community Directors are professional live-in staff members employed by the University. These professionals work directly with students, Residential Ministers, Faculty-in-Residence, and campus partners to create a formative living-learning environment for our students. Community Directors oversee the Resident Assistant staff within their residential community and develop and implement community educational plans.