As an apartment-style upperclass residential community, Nevils contains mostly four, five, and six-person apartments with full kitchens and one or two full baths. These apartments are particularly popular with upperclass students because of their spaciousness and unique design. LXR and Nevils, along with the Walsh academic building, make up Georgetown’s East Campus. These three share an outdoor courtyard that contains park benches, shady areas, grills, and space to park bicycles. Close to M street, Nevils offers a great community atmosphere for upperclass students outside the University gates.
- Nevils is comprised of four sections: Nordhoff (N), Kober (K), Riggs (R), and Lisner (L)
- four-person apartments with two bedrooms, one bath
- five-person apartments with two bedrooms, one bath
- six-person apartments with three bedrooms, two baths
- one bedroom and one bathroom ( sometimes a half-bathroom without a shower) are on the entry-level
- two bedrooms and a full bath (usually containing double sink and showers) are on the second level
- some apartments have hard flooring instead of carpeting
- the living rooms are furnished with:
- a sofa or loveseat
- one or two armchairs
- one or two end tables
- a dining table and chairs
- some apartments have a shelf unit, although it is not a standard piece in every apartment
- the kitchens vary in size, but all include:
- an electrical range
- double sink with disposal
- spacious cabinets and drawers
- full-size refrigerator with freezer
- Residential Ministers
- Laundry facilities with an adjacent folding/TV room and vending machines on the basement level of LXR
Mail facilities on the first floor of LXR
- Cable is available for a monthly service fee through our campus provider, RCN
- Print stations are available
- Average* apartment square footage is as follows for the 4 sections:
- N = 1006.17 sq. ft.
- K = 925.89 sq. ft.
- R = 1102.08 sq. ft.
- L = 1218.75 sq. ft.
- beds in Nevils apartments may or may not be bunkable
- non-bunkable beds furnished with under bed drawers for storage
- in rooms with bunkable beds, dressers are provided
- some apartments have platform lofts, which allow for more floor space and provide a sleeping area for one person
- loft size: 85 ½” L x 39 ½” W
some bedrooms also have a study alcove which provides a secluded space for a desk or bed
Apartments with Lofts:
K-03 (2 rooms), K-04 (2 rooms), K-05 (2 rooms), K-06 (2 rooms), K-08, K-25, L-02, N-02, N-03, N-04, N-06 (2 rooms), R-01, R-02 (2 rooms), R-03 (2 rooms), R-05 (2 rooms), R-21, R-28
Letter Mail & Packages
Students Full Name
Nevils | Room Number
3700 O St. NW
Washington, DC 20057
Community Directors are professional live-in staff members employed by the University. These professionals work directly with students, Residential Ministers, Faculty-in-Residence, and campus partners to create a formative living-learning environment for our students. Community Directors oversee the Resident Assistant staff within their residential community and develop and implement community educational plans.