“Working for Res Living is all about the people, I am constantly surrounded by people that are supportive and genuinely enjoy what they do”
—Cameron White, Office Assistant
Being a Resident Assistant has given me an inclusive & exciting place within the Office of Residential Living to explore and grow, while also allowing me to create spaces for my residents. I consider it an honor to serve my fellow students as a woman for others and to work with inspiring peers and engaging mentors.”
—Antonina Caudill, Resident Assistant
Student team members are a key part of our office and are regularly engaging with our residents and guests throughout the entire year. Our office employs more than 300 students each year for a variety of roles. They include:
- Office Assistants
- Crew Assistants & Lead
- Key Assistants & Lead
- Resident Assistants
- Summer Assistants (Summer only)
- Summer Resident Assistant (Summer only)
- Summer Leads (Summer only)
- Finance Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- RJC Administrator
Appointment terms, compensation and responsibilities vary with each position. Below are timelines for the primary hiring processes through our office.
Residential Services Student Team Member Positions
For the fall 2021 semester, the Residential Living team will have a limited number of student team member positions available. Review position descriptions below to find the role that best fits:
Remuneration: Hourly pay
- AY 21-22 position applications are live on Hoya Housing. Priority application deadline: 5 PM ET Wednesday 1 September
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
21-22 Academic Year Resident Assistants
The Resident Assistant position is open to all rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors at Georgetown University. Resident Assistants (RAs) serve as important leaders and resources within our residence halls, apartments, and townhouses. RAs create and execute social and educational programming in line with the University’s Jesuit mission to help create a more meaningful living and learning environment. The time commitment is approximately 20 hours each week that consists of programming, team and individual meetings, serving in an on-call duty rotation, and other responsibilities as needed. Each RA serves anywhere from 50-100 residents. This position directly reports to the Community Director of the assigned community. RAs are compensated for their contributions with full room and board costs.
Please note that we are currently relaunching our 2021-2022 RA application to fill a limited number of vacancies in traditional halls.
- Friday, June 25, 2021 to Noon/12PM EST on Wednesday July 7, 2021 | RA Application & Interview Video: This is a required application on your Hoya Housing (new window) (new window) page where you will upload your resume and answer short essay questions about your qualifications/interests. Instead of individual interviews with a staff member, you will also be asked to submit a brief, 5-minute or less, video of yourself responding to interview questions. The interview video should be recorded in one take (unrehearsed and unedited); please rest assured that video quality/editing has no impact on the process.
- Friday, June 25, 2021 to Wednesday July 7, 2021 | Informational Module: In lieu of in-person RA Information Sessions, new RA candidates will have an Informational Module to review on the application. This will provide a full overview of position requirements and benefits to help you learn more about the role.
- Monday, July 12, 2021 to Tuesday, July 13, 2021 | Group Process: This is a required 30-minute virtual small group interview with a professional staff member and other RA candidates to see how you collaborate as part of a team. You will be able to select a group session time on the online RA application.
- Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | First Round RA Offers: You will receive an email when your RA application status is updated on Hoya Housing. Pending responses to first round RA offers, additional employment offers will be made on a rolling basis as positions become available.
For more information or any questions, please email email@example.com.
2022 Summer Student Staff
Join our Summer Operations team & help us welcome summer guests to Georgetown! Summer student positions are a great way to stay on campus for the summer and enjoy all that DC has to offer! Review position descriptions below to find the role that best fits your needs.
Remuneration: Hourly pay & Summer Housing in on campus apartments
- Application Open: TBA, spring 2022
- Application Close: TBA
- Application Review/Interviews: TBA
- All Team required Virtual Training: TBA
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Summer Resident Assistant
Join our team as one of our Summer Resident Assistants. Summer RAs provide programs, attend individual and team meetings, mediate conflicts among our summer residents and participate in an on-call rotation. On campus housing in on-campus apartments/townhouses for the summer is included in the remuneration package.
Application Open: TBA, spring 2022
Application Close: TBA
Application Review/Interviews: TBA
All Team required Training: TBA
Questions? Email email@example.com
Position are open on Hoya Housing on a rolling basis and vacancies will be filled as they become available.