Harbin Key Room
Serves all on-campus residential communities
Location & Hours
Harbin 104 Suite
Monday-Sunday | 8:00am – 10:00pm
Holidays & Breaks | Times subject to change
The Key Room hires undergraduate students throughout the year as positions become available.
Visit the Student Employment page for more information about joining the Residential Living team.
Should you lock yourself out of your room, the Harbin Key Room team provide access when needed. You will need to complete the lockout form via Hoya Housing and pick up your lockout loaner key from the Harbin Key Room during their operating hours.
There are times in which the Harbin Key Room is not open. Follow the guidelines below for getting a lockout when the Harbin Key Room is not open:
- Nightly | 10:00 PM-8:00 AM
1. Call the Resident Assistant on Duty (RAOD) in your residential community. Numbers are posted in public spaces in each residential complex.
2. If they do not answer initially, please wait 1-2 minutes and call the phone number again.
3. If they do not answer again, please call GUPD Communication Center at 202.687.4343. Indicate you are locked out and have been unable to contact the RA on Duty in your community. The GUPD dispatch will connect you with the Community Director on Duty (CDOD) who will assist you.
- University Holidays
Call GUPD Communication Center at 202.687.4343 and indicate you are locked out. The Harbin Key Room is open daily most days even on University holidays when the residential buildings are open on campus.
All lockouts given by the Harbin Key Room staff are free of charge for up to2 hours. Lockouts performed by the staff on duty after 10PM are $10. If a lockout key has not been returned after 24 hours, a lock change is submitted on the resident’s behalf and the student is charged $100 for Residence Halls and $150 for Apartments & Townhouses.
Yes, you always need to show your GoCard to gain access to your residential space
After 2 hours, residents are charged $5. If a lockout key is not returned before the Harbin Key Room closes (10PM) on the day you are issued the lockout loaner key, residents are charged $10. If a lockout key has not been returned after 24 hours, a lock change is submitted on the resident’s behalf and the student is charged $100 for Residence Halls and $150 for Apartments & Townhouses.
Lock Change FAQs
Lock Change Requests are submitted electronically
You can submit request by following these steps:
- Login to Hoya Housing
- Click Forms
- Select the Lockout/Lock Change form
- Complete the form according to the instructions provided on each page
- Once you have successfully completed the form, a Request Received page is viewable and a confirmation email to sent to your NetID email address
- Report to the Harbin 104 Key Room during operating hours (8AM-10PM, 7 days/week) to pick up loaner key
- Return loaner key to the Harbin 104 Key Room during their operating hours (8AM-10PM, 7 Days A Week)
Please maintain the loaner key until you receive an email that the locks have been changed. Each individual roommate must come to the Harbin Key Room to pick up their new room key, and return their old key.
There are vacuums and other items available to residents in the Harbin Key Room to check out at no charge. You will need your GoCard to check out items.
Equipment Check-out Policy:
When you check out a piece of equipment, the Harbin Key Room Staff will let you know when the item(s) must be returned. If items are not returned on time you may be subject to a late fee:
Vacuum: Late Fee: $15 | Unreturned Fee: $100
Equipment Rental FAQs
After 24 hours, all equipment that has not been returned will be subject to an unreturned fee.