The name, A Movable Feast, is taken from Hemingway's memoirs. In his memoir, he writes "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." We hope this program will encourage reflective conversations with students and faculty that will stay with students after their final class at Georgetown.
Have you ever thought:
- What does my professor do outside of class?
- I wish I could talk further with my professor about a particular subject from class.
- What was my professor’s major in college?
- I wonder what my professor thinks about a specific current event.
- What path did my professor take to get to this point?
Answers to your questions are just a meal away! The final day to apply for a Moveable Feast is April 24th. The final day to enjoy a Moveable Feast event is April 29th. Apply for MOVEABLE FEAST today! Moveable Feast is designed to encourage students, faculty, and academic deans at Georgetown to have substantive conversations outside of class, engaging around topics of academic interests, future studies and general life experiences.
Ask a professor to dinner, invite a few classmates and we do the rest!
"The professor invited us to his home, which was a much more casual setting than the classroom, and where we felt like we could have a much more interactive conversation than during lecture."
"I really feel like I got to know a different side of Prof. Ryan. He is so kind and really cares about his students and this meal gave us an opportunity to get to know him as a person, not just as a professor."
"I simply enjoyed the opportunity to chat with my professor over dinner. I feel as though I got to know him better and was able to talk about some of my own background. Overall, it was a very rewarding experience."
- Moveable Feast is designed for groups of 3 to 8 people
- Undergraduate students, faculty members and academic deans are invited to participate
- Invite a professor, determine the date, time and location, then submit an application
- A member of the Office of Residential Living will respond within five business days